Health Program Manager (80 %)
Full-time Staff - Switzerland, Western Europe
Apply by: 19th February 2017
SolidarMed is the Swiss organisation for health in Africa and improves health care for 1.5 million people in Lesotho, Moçambique, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe. SolidarMed sustainably strengthens and meaningfully expands existing health services.
We are offering an exciting position for a mid-career development professional. As part of the international program department based in Lucerne, you will manage the country program portfolios of Mozambique and Lesotho.
Health Program Manager (80 %)
Your tasks and responsibilities
• Line manager to country coordinators, including project cycle management, budgeting and reporting
• Program development, strategic and thematic steering and management
• Knowledge management, documentation and operational research
• Contribute to fundraising, development of project proposals or tenders
• HR management and administration incl. recruitment, in cooperation with the SolidarMed administration unit.
• National, international and internal networking
• Regular program-related international travel (approximately 3 weeks per year)
• Health or development professional (nursing, medicine, epidemiology, health economics) with a Master degree or higher.
• For non-medical backgrounds: MPH or similar
• At least 2 years of work experience in resource-limited settings, preferably Africa; and/or international cooperation
• Expertise in thematic areas such as HIV, malaria, MNCH or research would be an asset
• Experience in fund acquisition and documentation
• Fluent in English and German, incl. good writing skills. Knowledge of Portuguese, Spanish or French.
• Intercultural sensitivity and good communication skills
• Hands-on, pro-active personality, able to develop initiatives
• Swiss or EU national or holder of work permit for Switzerland
Qualified candidates will be passionate, results-oriented team players with relevant experience and expertise, strong management and leadership skills and a proven ability to deliver in a fast-paced international environment.
We offer an attractive benefit package in line with Swiss standards. You can expect flexible working hours, a stimulating environment and flat hierarchies. Our team combines a great mix of ambition, dedication, experience and expertise drawn from a range of backgrounds including health, development, research, business and the charity sector. We encourage professional development and offer access to national and international competence networks.
• Send your CV, a short cover letter and copies of your qualifications to email@example.com with “Health Program Manager” as reference in the subject line of your email.
• Please note that SolidarMed only accepts electronic applications and will only contact shortlisted candidates
• Deadline for applications: 23th of February 2017.
• Starting date: As soon as possible, flexible
For further details, please contact Sandra Lerch at SolidarMed on firstname.lastname@example.org or +41 - 41 31 06 66 0
We look forward to receiving your application!
Please mention Jobs4Development in your application