Full-time Staff - South Africa, Africa
Apply by: 3rd March 2017
Greenpeace is an independent global campaigning organization that acts to change attitudes and behaviour, to protect and conserve the environment and to promote peace. Our mission is to work with others to foster environmental consciousness whereby Africa's people seek social and economic prosperity in ways that protect the environment for the benefit of humans, the planet, and the future. In developing our campaign strategies and policies we take great care to reflect our fundamental respect for democratic principles while seeking out solutions that will promote global social equity.
Based in any Greenpeace Africa office – Johannesburg, Senegal, Congo, Kenya or work remotely in Cameroon as a Cameroonian National is looking for a
To ensure that all staff, volunteers, activists at Greenpeace Africa are safe and secure by promoting a Security Culture and providing advice, tools and up to date protocols and procedure documents. This is a regional role and requires a lot of work and coordination with all our offices in Africa.
As the Security Advisor, the incumbent will be responsible for:
• Working closely with Regional Country coordinators to ensure security of all GP Africa Staff and volunteers is a priority
• Conducting risk assessment for NVDA from conceptualisation, through to implementation and evaluation.
• Producing, reviewing and updating of all office and project security standard operating procedures (SOPs, Country Assessments and Health & Safety regulations)
• Heading the Security Working Group and advise the Crisis Response Team
• Managing team members and provide key support to regional office security staff.
• Ensure that Greenpeace Africa Security Protocols and Policies are implemented across all current offices;
• Develop, manage and undertake relevant security related trainings and training programs across all current offices;
• security coordination and management of the unit including assuming security assessments and needs of our campaigns and offices;
Requirements for this post will be:
• Bachelor's degree in Political Science, Security, or related field and/or 3 years of experience in security, global physical security, or related field OR 3 years of experience in international security, or a related field
• 3 years of supervisory/management experience
• Skilled in conflict resolution
• Excellent project management skills
• Ability to work to tight deadlines
• Ability to plan and manage budgets
• Commitment to the aims of Greenpeace
• Understanding of UN type security detail/experience
• Able to work with minimal supervision
• Willingness to work unsocial hours as required
• Willingness to travel both within Africa and Internationally
• English fluency
• French fluency
• Politically savvy
View the full job description and application instructions on the Vacancies page at www.actionappointments.co.za and email your application by Friday 03rd March 2017 to email@example.com
Please mention Jobs4Development in your application